Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Eating healthy on a budget

No.1 Article of Publix
Advertisements

Did you know that you and your house can eat healthy while on a budget? Many citizen have the misconception that couponers don't eat healthy or eat foods they don't enjoy, all for the sake of saving money. Well, that just isn't true.

Here are some easy ways that you can eat healthy while saving money at the same time!

Publix

Plan your grocery trips before-hand. I find that if I have my list and coupons ready to go when I get to the store, all I have to do is quest for those items and I am not tempted to binge on other products. This also saves me a lot of time.

Eating healthy on a budget

Stock up on frosty veggies and fruits when they are on sale. Many shop like Publix often run 50% off sales on bags of frosty veggies, and I can commonly pick them up for about $.50 each. When they run these sales, I make sure to stock up my freezer until the next sale comes around.

Look for healthy-friendly deals on Daily Deal Sites. For example, I recently came over a great deal from VitaCost.com where they offered a coupon on your first order. I was able to score 6 boxes of Annie's Organic Macaroni and Cheese for basically just the cost of shipping!

Look for coupons on shelf-stable items like Soy Milk and other healthy items. This is a great way to add items to your healthy stockpile that will last for quite some time.

Contact companies for coupons on healthy food items. Did you know that many times when you caress a enterprise directly and tell them how much you like or dislike their product they will send you coupons? Call or email them and you'll be surprised what they'll send you in the mail.

And, if you and your house like a inevitable health product that you rarely see coupons for, caress the enterprise and chances are you will receive a coupon!

Shop local vegetable and fruit stands when possible. I get asked frequently how to save on fruit and vegetables at the grocery store. Well, fruit and vegetable stands are the way to go! For example, at the grocery store, Red Bell Peppers are often close to per pound. At the local vegetable stand, I can commonly buy them 3 for . That is quite a necessary savings!

Make your own salad dressings and sauces. Stock up on olive oil, fresh lemons and herbs to make your own dressings. Not only will they be fresh but much healthier as well.

Buy items like Brown Rice and Grains in Bulk. You can often buy these items in bulk at local health food shop for a fraction of the cost. Buy only what you will use though as to not waste unnecessary items.

Eating healthy on a budget



No comments:

Post a Comment